Monday, July 23, 2012

Ye Olde England

Back from England yet another year older. Counted, it was my fifth time being there. Though this trip was solely to England excluding other parts of Great Britain.

Whitby
The tour included mainly small towns (which I loved). We visited Liverpool, York, Windemere and a lot of tiny places where Bronte sisters, Wordsworth, Ruskin, miss Potter used to live, pencil museum etc. Had plenty of free time unlike most of the trips I have been to.

Whitby
The weather was horrid. It has never rained that much when I have travelled. And I managed to catch a cold and I still do not have my voice back.

My group members were so lovely. Well, most of of them. We had some artists with us. And they were fine. But they had this exeptionally rude tour guide for whatever reason.

Ohh, and I managed to fill my suitcase with books :D Bought 12. They are so cheap there compared to Estonia. Not to mention second-hand bookshops where they were less than 2 pounds. Completely avoided bookshops after third day :) Hardest thing I had to do. And I would have bought more, so much more but we were allowed to only take 15 kg luggage (compared to the usual 20 kg) and I had clothes and such as well. At some point I actually considered leaving my clothes :D

And so I am yet another year older. My Birthday was rather quiet. Fortunately it was one day that did not include rain. I saw a rabbit. Got some texts. And had time for myself. Finised the day with sitting in the cosiest reading room in Belsfield Hotel in Windermere sitting in a sofa facing the lake with a good book. What more could I ask for?

All in all it was a nice trip. But somehow something was lacking. And I am going to go back to Ireland.



No comments:

Post a Comment